- Financial Management
- Accounting Principles
- Proposal Writing
- Child Development
- Human Resource Management
- Empowerment of Poor Women through Microfinance
(Livelihood trainings, Savings, Micro credit and Micro insurance)
- Home for Orphans/deserted children
- Ensured Childhood for Poor children of people who are in conflict.
- Special School for Child Labourers
- Rehabilitation of Prisoners (Male/Female)
- Education Support to Primary School Children
- Health care Project
- Special School for child labourers
Trainings and interactive sessions conducted:
- Finding out the leader in you (for women)
- How to present yourself (to college students)
- Counseling techniques (to employees of voluntary organizations)
- Communication skills (to employees of voluntary organizations)
- Motivation program (for children)
- How to maintain your accounting records (to women federations)
International workshops attended:
- Microfinance: Building inclusive financial sectors & support for legal & Regulatory Frameworks, 11-22, Septmeber, 2006, Sydney, Australia.
- Legal and Regulatory Frameworks, 7-20, November, 2009, Rome.
- Best Zonal Coordinator Award from Terre des homes, Netherlands for building community through play in the tamil nadu zone in 2006.
- Secretary, New Life, Trichy
- Advisory Committee Member, NSS, Holy Cross College, Trichy.
- Secretary / Treasurer, Cantonment Ladies Club
- Committee member, TERT
- Member of Rehabilitation Committee , Trichirappalli Central Prison
- Director, Affinity Association of SHGs
Hailing from a well educated family in Trichirappalli town in Tamil nadu of South India, Beatrice Vanaja completed her Post graduation in Commerce. She started her career as a banker and with her passion for accounting, developed her expertise in the accounting, income tax and management principles.
Apart from her sincere service rendered to the Indian Bank she also extended her hands to New Life, a service organization which has been working for women and children. After 10 years of reputed service and excellent experience in the banking sector, she had her conation to serve in the development sector. She heads NEW LIFE since 2001.
Since then, she is striving hard to annihilate injustice and other issues pertaining to women and children. Under her leadership, the organization has paved the way for the mirthful living of forlorn folks. Her experience in the organization has given an insight into the problems of women entrepreneurs and the interviews conducted with the women beneficiaries and support from the staff has made the authoring of this chapter possible.
With her intrepid and indomitable craving to serve the needy, she stands as an embodiment of service in the locality and is uninterruptedly supporting the poor notwithstanding the hurdles and obstacles. She also offers consultancy to organizations after all the years of gathering knowledge in the development and administration sector. Her empathy for those in need makes her a one-of-a-kind leader.
Needless to say, with all the understanding and insight aggregated owing to her experience with the women, youth and children she stands now as a commendable counselor. Her perspective and the way of handling situations always call for applause. The organization is proud to have such an outstanding leader with humane objectives.